Minutes Brussels F2F day 2 (May 25, 2010)

HTML minutes here:


and as text below:


       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

25 May 2010

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-svg-irc





      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Next SVG F2F
          2. [5]Test suite and Action items for SVG Full 1.1 2nd Edition
          3. [6]SVG Open 2010
      * [7]Summary of Action Items

    <trackbot> Date: 25 May 2010

    <ed> Agenda of the day: finish the 1.1 testsuite and the second
    edition spec

    <ChrisL> [8]http://www.svgair.com/

       [8] http://www.svgair.com/

    <ChrisL> [9]http://www.svgair.com/st_vincent_map.jpg

       [9] http://www.svgair.com/st_vincent_map.jpg

    <fat_tony> scribenick: fat_tony

    <scribe> scribe: Anthony

Next SVG F2F

    CL: SVG Open is 30th Aug to 2nd Sep

    CC: 2nd is workshop

    CL: Have CSS Face-2-face on 23rd - 25th and need the next date to
    fly across
    ... Friday the 3rd is the first day free

    CC: And I cannot promise to have the office available for the

    ED: Is there anything we need to prepare before the Conference?
    ... I sent in an abstract for the WG Panel
    ... is there anything we need to prepare in advanced?

    CL: Obviously helps to have modules done
    ... Friday 3rd, Monday 6th - Wednesday 8th for meeting dates
    ... in September

    AG: I'm happy with those dates

    ED: I'm fine with that

    PD: Unsure at this point

    RESOLUTION: Cyril to host the next SVG Face-to-face on the 3rd
    September and from the 6th to 8th September 2010

    ED: We need to have a wiki page and a form

    CL: I'll make the form now

Test suite and Action items for SVG Full 1.1 2nd Edition

    <ed> [10]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/feature.html

      [10] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/feature.html

    <pdengler> We want to remove test
    g as it is testing 1.0 functionality that has been deprecated.

      [11] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/struct-dom-05-b.svg

    <pdengler> We need to remove test
    g as it is not testing SVG functionality, but rather DOML2

      [12] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/struct-dom-02-b.svg

    <ed> I agree wiht the struct-dom-05-b one, but the other one maybe

    <ed> [13]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/svgdom.html#SVGDOMOverview

      [13] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/svgdom.html#SVGDOMOverview

    <ed> "The SVG DOM requires complete support for the DOM2 views"

    <ed> "The SVG DOM requires complete support for the DOM2 core"

    <ed> Lunchbreak

    <ChrisL> Registration form for Paris f2f

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/19480/f2fParis2010/

    <ed> checking in the updated harness

    <ed> done and checked in, now running the reference image generation

    <pdengler> this test needs a new image created :

    <ed> ok, committing that

    <ed> done

    <ed> animate-elem-22...53 need fixes to templates

    <ed> animate-elem-61...86 need fixes to templates

    <ed> animate-elem-60, 87 and 88...90 need opererator-script fixes
    (to verbose, should be in test description)

    <ed> color-prop-05 should also move text from operatorscript ->

    <Cyril_Concolato> for the record, I reviewed: struct-frag-05-t.svg,
    struct-frag-04-t.svg, struct-frag-03-t.svg, struct-frag-02-t.svg,

    <Cyril_Concolato> I reviewed also struct-dom-15-f.svg and it's looks
    fine to me

    <ed> all references up to coords-viewattr-03 looked ok to me

    <ed> filters-conv-03 should also move text from operatorscript ->

    <Cyril_Concolato> I just reviewed and committed struct-dom-14-f.svg

    <shepazu> AlexD: you there?

    <ed> fonts-desc-05-t.svg needs an updated reference

    <AlexD> Yep, what's up?

    <ed> actually fonts-desc-05 needs an svg imagepatch, since batik
    seems to get it wrong

    <ChrisL> color-prop-05 now fixed

    <ChrisL> i'm up to interact-order-01-b

    <ed> i would prefer if fonts-kern-01-t didn't use red unless it
    meant fail



    <Cyril_Concolato> I just created an Issue (ISSUE-2326) about the use
    of textContent in the 1.1F2 test suite

    <ed> interact-dom-01-b.svg should also use less red for the pass

    <ed> interact-order-01-b.svg needs the template filled out

    <ed> interact-order-02-b.svg - interact-pevents-05-b.svg need the
    template filled out

    <ed> interact-zoom-01-t.svg - linking-a-05-t.svg need the template
    filled out

    <Cyril_Concolato> about struct-dom-13-f.svg: the test is not
    completed yet, its status is 'empty'

    <ed> linking-uri-01-b.svg - masking-path-06-b.svg need the template
    filled out

    <ed> committed a new patchimage for masking-path-10-b, and an
    updated reference image

    <ed> metadata-example-01-b.svg and metadata-example-01-t.svg needs
    the template filled out

    <ed> painting-control-03-f.svg passcriteria should also say
    something like "there must be two shapes visible"

    <Cyril_Concolato> just reviewed struct-dom-12-b.svg, it's fine

    <Cyril_Concolato> struct-dom-11-f.svg is already accepted and the
    watermark draft is removed

    <ed> painting-fill-01-t.svg should use less red for "pass"

    <ed> same for painting-fill-03-t.svg

    <ed> painting-fill-03-t.svg also needs the operator script filled

    <ed> painting-fill-01-t.svg and painting-fill-02-t.svg needs the
    operator script filled out

    <ed> painting-fill-04-t.svg and painting-fill-05-b.svg need template

    <Cyril_Concolato> reviewed struct-dom-09-b.svg, the test is ok
    (changed the status from approved to accepted)

    <ed> painting-marker-06-f.svg needs imagepatch+referenceimage

    <ed> painting-stroke-01-t.svg has some weird pass criteria

    <ChrisL> pubrules aaaaaaarghhh!!!


    <ChrisL> scheckmanual=&display=all&recurse_auth=on

    <Cyril_Concolato> reviewed struct-dom-08-f.svg, the test is ok

    <ed> painting-stroke-02-t.svg also has weird pass criteria

    <Cyril_Concolato> struct-dom-07-f.svg is already accepted and in
    good shape

    <ed> painting-stroke-03-t.svg and painting-stroke-04-t.svg needs
    template filled out

    <ed> painting-stroke-07-t.svg lacks operator script text

    <ed> painting-stroke-10-t.svg has bad operator script

    <ed> paths-data-01-t.svg lacks pass criteria

    <Cyril_Concolato> "painting-stroke-07-t.svg lacks operator script
    text" fixed

    <ed> paths-data-01-t.svg basically needs fixes to the template

    <ed> paths-data-02-t.svg need template fixes

    <Cyril_Concolato> "painting-stroke-10-t.svg has bad operator script"

    <Cyril_Concolato> fixed

    <ed> paths-data-03-f.svg - paths-data-15-t.svg need template fixes

    <ed> paths-data-17-f.svg should say "two rects must be visible" or
    something like that

    <Cyril_Concolato> struct-dom-06-b.svg fixed

    <Cyril_Concolato> fixed operator script in struct-dom-05-b.svg

    <Cyril_Concolato> fixed operator script in struct-dom-04-b.svg

    <Cyril_Concolato> fixed operator script in struct-dom-03-b.svg

    <ed> pservers-grad-01-b.svg - pservers-grad-17-b.svg needs fixes to
    the templates (some have mixed up what's operator script and what's
    pass criteria)

    <ed> pservers-grad-18-b.svg needs fixes to template

    <ed> pservers-grad-19-b.svg should use a real list in the pass

    <ed> pservers-pattern-01-b.svg needs fixes to the templates (some
    have mixed up what's operator script and what's pass criteria)

    <ed> render-elems-01-t.svg needs fixes to the templates (some have
    mixed up what's operator script and what's pass criteria)

    <ed> render-elems-02-t.svg - script-elem-01-b.svg needs fixes to the
    templates (some have mixed up what's operator script and what's pass

    <ed> script-handle-01-b.svg - script-handle-04-b.svg should get
    proper operator script (e.g click here, hover there)

    <ed> shapes-circle-01-t.svg - shapes-ellipse-02-t.svg needs template

    <Cyril_Concolato> fixed struct-dom-02-b.svg and struct-dom-01-b.svg

    <Cyril_Concolato> struct-defs-01-t.svg is now ok

    <ed> shapes-intro-01-t.svg needs operator-script / passcriteria

    <ed> shapes-line-01-t.svg needs template fixed

    updated test suite status



    <ed> shapes-polygon-01-t.svg needs template fixed

    <ed> shapes-polyline-01-t.svg needs template fixed

    <ed> shapes-rect-01-t.svg needs template fixed

    <jwatt> scribenick: jwatt

SVG Open 2010

    CC: conf Mon 30 Aug - Wed 2 Sept, followed by workshop
    ... 8 proposals for workshop
    ... we have not decided how many we will have, but probably 6
    ... we have received 61 papers, and all the reviews and most
    accept/reject emails have been sent
    ... it will be located on the main campus of Paris city University
    ... we are thinking of having a keynote at the beginning of each day
    ... then a WOW session to finish
    ... the social event will be on a boat on the Seine river
    ... you want the SVG WG panel to be at the end of the day, without
    any parallel track?


    DS: I was thinking we could have the panels at the end of the day
    when people aren't having to focus on learning something new
    ... WG panel at the end of one day, implementers panel on another
    ... just an idea

    CC: early bird reg ends at the end of June
    ... by the end of May we will have a list of suggested hotels
    ... then we discussed the F2F after the conference, after the

    CL: the F2F is then on Fri and Mon-Wed
    ... so that's four days

    CC: we are still looking for a keynote speakers
    ... if you have any suggestions, or criticisms, send them to me

    <ed> trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]

     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([19]CVS log)
     $Date: 2010/05/25 16:02:23 $

      [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [20]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002

      [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/depricated/deprecated/
Succeeded: s/7/8/
Succeeded: s/30 Aug/Mon 30 Aug/
Succeeded: s/2 Sept/Wed 2 Sept/
Succeeded: s/speaker/speakers/
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <Anthony> .
Found ScribeNick: fat_tony
Found Scribe: Anthony
Found ScribeNick: jwatt
ScribeNicks: fat_tony, jwatt

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: AG AlexD CC CL ChrisL Cyril_Concolato DS PD ed eseide
l fat_tony jwatt leonardr pdengler scribenick shepazu trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
         <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
         <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 25 May 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-svg-minutes.html
People with action items:

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/25-svg-minutes.html

    End of [22]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

Erik Dahlstrom, Core Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Personal blog: http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed

Received on Thursday, 27 May 2010 08:19:38 UTC