Re: New Telcon Times

On Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 12:58:59 PM, Doug wrote:

DS> Oops, no.  I just copied the text from one of Cameron's messages, and
DS> inadvertently switched the wrong words... set it to the time offset we
DS> are approaching.

Okay.

DS> Also, we need to decide if we are having 2 telcons a week, 1 telcon a
DS> week, or 1 telcon and one designated work period.

I think we need two slots a week.

I also think it would be helpful if we had longer slots, 2.5 hours instead of 1.5 hours. That would give us 30 minutes of ramping up and getting context swapped in on IRC, then 90 minutes telcon with a flying start, then 30 minutes of following up, doing quick actions, getting clarification etc.

That would maximise the use we get out of a 90 minute telcon.

Of course sometimes there would be conflicts, so the 30 minute before and after telcon slots would be encouraged but not mandatory. I do think they would help though. I find I'm more productive if I have been working on related stuff right before the call, and also if I can deal with things while they are fresh in my mind after the call rather than immediately doing something else. Actions a few weeks or months later always seem to take more time.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG