Fw: MathML 3.0 Last Call Draft

Review requested of MathML 3.0.

----- Forwarded message from Patrick Ion <ion@ams.org> -----

From: Patrick Ion <ion@ams.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:38:12 -0400
To: chairs@w3.org
Cc: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Robert Miner <robertm@dessci.com>,
 David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Subject: MathML 3.0 Last Call Draft

Dear Chairs,

The W3C Math Working Group is submitting for publication as
a Last Call Working Draft the new MathML 3.0 Specification
with a proposed dating of 25 September 2009 at:
        http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/

The changes from MathML 2.1 [1] made in this specification are
documented within the draft itself.

Review end date: 3 November 2009

We expect to request Proposed Recommendation status soon
after that.

Feedback on this document would be appreciated through
3 November 2009 via mail to www-math@w3.org.  Please include
"[MathML3-last-call] " as a prefix in the subject line of
your email.

The Math WG Charter [2] mentions relationships with other
working groups.  We request review from:

   CSS WG http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/members
   XML Core WG http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core.html
   HTML WG http://www.w3.org/html/wg/
   I18N Working Group http://www.w3.org/International/Group
   WAI Technical Activity http://www.w3.org/WAI/Technical/Activity.html
   SVG WG http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG

If the above WG have no particular interest reviewing our LC draft,
but no objections to its passage to CR status, we would appreciate
hearing from them.

Other groups whose review we would value, if they are interested:

   XSL Working Group http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/
   Semantic Web Activity http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
   Multimodal Interaction WG http://www.w3.org/2002/mmi

The Group made and reconfirmed the decision to go to Last Call:
     http://www.w3.org/2009/09/17-math-minutes.html

A preliminary test suite is available at
     http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/

The associated document on the Recommendations Track, the MathML for
CSS Profile [3] is also soon being put forward as a Last Call draft.
XML Entity definitions for Characters [4] should similarly follow
almost immediately.

No patent disclosures have been made for this specification.
[5]

On behalf of the W3C Math WG,

Patrick Ion and Robert Miner, Cochairs

----- End forwarded message -----