Re: Testing readonly-ness of SVGSVGElement.useCurrentView

On Thursday, August 6, 2009, 7:06:59 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Cameron McCormack:
>> > I’m writing a test for
>> > http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/errata.html#usecurrentview-should-be-read-only.
>> > The way I want to test it is to have the document shown with a fragid
>> > pointing to a <view> element, which should cause useCurrentView to be
>> > true.  Then I will assign to the attribute and check that it remains
>> > true.  How would I ensure that the fragid is used when the test is
>> > shown?  I could just assume that it is, but that’s not going to work for
>> > the test harness.

CM> Chris Lilley:
>> It should be possible to make the default view and the view specified
>> in the test be visibly different. (Suspect I am missing something
>> here).

CM> My problem is that the test suite harness won’t link to the test with
CM> the fragid on it, unless we meddle with the test suite harness
CM> generation scripts.  For standalone viewing of the test, we could make
CM> the default view show some text that say to reload the test with a given
CM> fragid.

Or you could make the test have a link on it, which has the fragid, and the test instructions say to follow the link to the second file and it should look like this and do this etc.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG