Re: Referencing CSS 2.1 from SVG 1.1 Second Edition

Hi, Heycam-

Cameron McCormack wrote (on 4/23/09 11:07 PM):
> Cameron McCormack:
>>  SVG 1.1 has many links to pages under /TR/REC-CSS2, assuming that they
>>  pointed to CSS 2, which have now changed.  I don’t know if we want to do
>>  something about that.
>
> As an example of a concrete thing that’s broken, links to the @font-face
> rule from CSS 2 (which was dropped from CSS 2.1) are now dead:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/fonts.html#FontFaceElement
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html#font-descriptions

I recommend that we change all CSS2 links from
   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/*
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-CSS2-20080411/*

FWIW, I think that changing a stable REC URL, which probably has many
links, to a WD is a terrible idea.  They should use the shortname
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS21/ instead of overwriting
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers