Re: Problem with coords-viewattr-05-t.svg in Tiny 1.2 test suite

Hi all,

It's been a while since I did not send email on this list. I'm trying to become a little bit more active. Let me start with my 2 cents on this issue.

The spec says that the type attribute is a hint. As a hint it can be ignored, right? Therefore sniffing is allowed, no? It may be a bad practice according to the TAG finding but it is not forbidden.

Additionally, the spec says "the server metadata is authoritative over the type attribute". So when loading a file from the system, without real client/server communication, one can consider that the OS is the server and that the file extension is some sort of metadata and therefore displaying the image.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Mutimedia/Multimedia Group