From: public-svg-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-svg-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Schepers
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:03 AM
To: SVG IG List
Subject: Finalizing the SVG Primer

Hi, Folks-

As you may know, David Dailey has been teaching a W3C course on SVG.
He's been using the SVG Primer as a source document.

Our Comm Team noticed that it's still not a published deliverable of
this group, putting it in an ambiguous state.

If I recall correctly, we were waiting on some edits before we publish
it, but with the best of all intentions, I am not sure that this group
has the momentum to follow through on that task.

The perfect being the enemy of "good enough", I move that we publish the
SVG Primer as-is, or with such edits as we find time to make before the
publication date, which I propose as January 15, 2011.

We can put a caveat at the top that explains that this is a snapshot in
time which might change, and that in some cases, it reflects the opinion
of the author rather than the SVG Interest Group; I know I disagree with
several statements in it, and find some of the material dated, but I
still find the book very useful on the whole.  As far as dated
material... well, it's not getting any more current at the present
rate... :)

Does anyone object to this publication plan?  David?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs