RE: Testing the SVG Boilerplate

There was a bit of tongue in cheek there. Why wouldn't the users of the most popular web browser use the viewer that is tied for best for SVG support? Anyone with Adobe Creative Suite or Illustrator has the plugin whether they know it or not.  One doesn't necessarily need to "support" something that is as good as ASV, so long as you keep giving it away for free.

It would be nice to know the stats though.

From: Jeff Schiller [mailto:codedread@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:09 PM
To: Dailey, David P.
Cc: Robin Berjon; SVG IG List
Subject: Re: Testing the SVG Boilerplate

"Don't most users of IE have the SVG plugin though?"

My guess is No.  Adobe hasn't supported the plugin for years now.

Jeff
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu<mailto:david.dailey@sru.edu>> wrote:
Hi Robin,

Very cool concept. I only have IE (8) with ASV (versions 6 through 8 have all been pretty consistent for IE/ASV, so I suspect something running in 6 7 or 8 will be pretty much the same). I don't have any IE without ASV so can't say what we'd see there. Don't most users of IE have the SVG plugin though?

What I see is Inline: nothing, the mode being used: undefined (html), and embedded: nothing.

There is a Script error at the bottom of the page which reveals:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:56:33 UTC

Message: 'parentNode' is null or not an object
Line: 6
Char: 9
Code: 0