RE: Reviewing chapters of the book

Yes, that would be my hope, to keep something of the writing style intact. I realize that one author's style is not likely to please all readers, but having some flavor may make even the community-generated casserole a bit more appetizing than a  flavorless alternative.

Smiles,
David

From: Rob Russell [mailto:rob@latenightpc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 12:32 PM
Cc: Dailey, David P.; SVG IG List
Subject: Re: Reviewing chapters of the book

I'm still up for Chapter 5. Helder, if you get back to it we can consolidate our feedback somehow when we're both done.

When reviewing, I take it we should only be considering technical accuracy, not changes to writing style? Since David wrote the original, I think it's best if we try to stick with the same prose as much as possible to keep the entire work coherent and consistent.

Regards,
Rob Russell
rob@latenightpc.com<mailto:rob@latenightpc.com>
http://www.latenightpc.com/

Helder Magalhães wrote:

Hi David,

Brief section on XSLT w/ SVG -- Shaun Roe (already done) -- Helder mentioned an interest in this. Maybe Helder could take a look at what Shaun has done and review it for consistency with the rest of the book?

Yup, I'm still interested: I've done several experiments with

XML+XSLT=XHTML+SVG (inline) a few months ago. I might be able to help

up a bit, or even publish some tips&tricks about it some time. :-)

Whenever the section on XSLT is made available, I'll be happy to

review it. (I just checked the online version and there's only a very

short section on XSLT [1]... Is this it?)

Helder and Ruud have been doing parts of the whole book; Helder said he was up to about Chapter 4 back in June.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck somewhere in Chapter 5. Other things

pending... :-|

Again, it makes sense to me, if someone, who is able to devote the time to learning the W3C CMS [...]

Humm... Does W3C have one? (I'm guessing that one might have been made

available during the somehow recent site redesign. If so, please

provide links so one can take a look at what's involved.) Or do you

mean the publishing procedure (CVS/WebDav-based)?

Cheers,

 Helder

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/resources/svgprimer.html#XSLT