Re: SVG media type

On Feb 8, 2009, at 00:23 , G. Wade Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 17:09:11 -0600
> Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if you saw my email [1] before you posted this or not.
>> Unfortunately this has been a long-standing action item and I'm not
>> sure what the technical/political issues behind it are.
>>
>> I'm hoping someone on the SVG WG can answer this question as it is
>> clear this hinders adoption of the format.
>
> No, I hadn't. But honestly, I was convinced the person in question had
> to be wrong and spent some time tracking it down and I was floored to
> realize that it had not been registered yet.

The official registration is here:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/mimereg.html

The W3C has the right to register media types through Recs, without
needing an RFC, as explained in:

   http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html

However it appears that this has fallen through the cracks (either
someone in W3C forgot to tell the IESG, or the IESG dropped the ball).
The process is to contact plh and DanC about the issue (as outlined in
that document). I'd recommend Doug do that since it really is up to
the WG, not the IG, to pursue the matter.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/