Improving content editing for PlanetSVG (was Re: PlanetSVG Content)

Last time I set up FCKEditor I had a few problems. I had trouble making
the preview match up exactly with the style for the published node. I
found FCKEditor slow to load and it required some custom Javascript to
make it possible to turn it on and off. And there's also set up that has
to be done for the toolbars. My biggest concern with FCKEditor though
was that I had cases where I'd lose changes when editing HTML by hand
then switching back to wysiwyg mode. That said, I do still think it's
the best cross-browser wysiwyg editor and I still have the configuration
I worked on previously. I can put it up on PlanetSVG and we can try it out.

I haven't done a lot with image upload yet but I know there are a few
good image modules out there (IMCE being one of them). I think we need
something and will get to it but it could take me a while. If anyone
else wants to work on this just let me know and I can set you up with
Subversion access and help you set up a local development copy of the site.

Regards,
Rob Russell
rob@latenightpc.com
http://www.latenightpc.com/blog