PlanetSVG Content

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:50:18 -0400
To: SVG IG List <public-svg-ig@w3.org>
Hi, Folks-

I started a couple new Drupal "books" to start taking the place of some
of the old content from the SVG Wiki.  The first place I started was
authoring tools and SVG basics (as we discussed in the telcon).

  http://www.planetsvg.com/content/svg-tools
  http://www.planetsvg.com/content/svg-101

I plan to write the first few lessons in the SVG 101, and maybe make a
loose outline, then ask others to fill in on particular topics.  For the
tools, please free to jump in anytime.

Once we have a little bit of content ready for these books, I'd like to
link to them from the front page.

By the way, the Drupal authoring interface could really use some more
friendliness, especially for inserting images or links, and marking up
the text content.  I think it would be great if we could find an easy
way to allow people to upload and link to SVG images... we could then
share that back into Drupal as a module, and that could in turn help
spread the use of SVG in Drupal sites.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs