Re: Domain for the SVG community site

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:52:04 +0200
Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net> wrote:

> I would actually prefer planetsvg.org as the main domain-name (if
> Shelley would hand it over to us), with planetsvg.com (and
> potentially planetsvg.net) as an alias.

As the owner of a .org domain for over a decade, I can say that 'normal'
people seem to find the '.org' more difficult to remember than '.com'.
This has been getting better as people become more comfortable with the
whole web thing. (Or, maybe I just don't associate with normal people
any more.)

In any case, covering .org and .com would definitely make things easier
for the SVG community and the people we are trying to attract.

G. Wade

--
Always hold a grudge. Keeps the memory sharp.  -- Hagar the Horrible