Re: Expectations regarding aria-hidden="true" + a valid aria-label value?

We agreed that the presence of aria-label should cancel out role="none" or
role="presentation".

aria-hidden is different. You might have an element with a valid role and
label, which you are temporarily hiding (e.g., to reflect a change in
opacity or a movement off-screen).

The only thing that cancels out aria-hidden="true" is interactivity. If the
element receives keyboard focus, it can't be hidden.

~ABR