Re: Expectations for presentational element with title child?

The way I wrote up the inclusion/exclusion rules[1], and as I understood it
based on discussion today [2], it would be excluded because the role takes
precedence over native language features.  That's also consistent with
Fred's desire that role=presentation have a decisive effect whenever
possible.

I'm open to hearing arguments that <title> should be treated the same as
aria-label and other global aria attributes on the element, and should
therefore override presentation.  But then we'd want to explicitly mention
"host language alternative text elements and attributes" (as something that
can override a presentation/none role) in the relevant sections of ARIA and
Core-AAM that Rich and Joseph are editing based on today's AAPI call.

~Amelia

[1]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Mar/0158.html
[2]: https://www.w3.org/2016/03/29-aapi-minutes.html#item02