Re: [aria] SVG-AAM: Consider explicit language regarding objects with presentational role and aria-label (#136)

Joseph,

I hope Amelia or Rich jumps in on what is supposed to happen with events.
In SVG we may put an event handler on an object that is not visible to a
sighted user (transparent paint, no border) because it gives the mouse
using sighted user a bigger area to click on. Likewise CSS can add hover
events to a transparent, no border - non visible to a sighted user object,
again to provide a bigger area to get a tool tip response from.

We may not want focus on the larger non visible to a sighed user object and
we may not want the larger non visible to a sighted user object in the
accessibility tree, rather we want the real small, correctly
labeled/described/relationshipped object in the accessibility tree.  SVG is
all about visual presentation and we need to provide an understandable way
for authors to enable AT support at the same time they are improving
behavior for folks with older shaky hands with less precise motor skills.
We need magic hammers like role none to work.  Otherwise authors will
reasonably give up on trying to get that darn diagram accessible.

     Regards,

    Fred Esch
 Watson, IBM, W3C
  Accessibility

 IBM Watson       Watson Release Management and Quality