RE: [SVG] graphics-doc role should be graphics-document (ARIA has avoided inconsistent abbreviation)

+1 to graphics-document (it’s clearer)

Léonie.

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds [mailto:amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 April 2016 03:34
To: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>; ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Cc: SVG-A11y TF <public-svg-a11y@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [SVG] graphics-doc role should be graphics-document (ARIA has avoided inconsistent abbreviation)

If there is consensus on the main ARIA working group to go with the longer name, I don't have a problem with that.  In the SVG Accessibility Task Force, we did discuss a number of variations on the name and settled on graphics-doc as a compromise between concise and comprehensible.

I would ask for a quick resolution, though (i.e., comments on mailing list this week & discussion at the next ARIA telcon), so we can update all the specs sooner rather than later, and definitely before the next heartbeat drafts.

~Amelia