RE: SVG markup thoughts

From: Fred Esch [mailto:fesch@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 14 May 2015 15:59
For things that should not navigate you can provide special roles that
indicate they shouldn't be navigated or read to AT.  The semantic roles:
none and background could be defined to not be part of navigation and not
presented to AT.  I propose a semantic role for background since I see where
it will be needed when increasing contrast.

I’m not sure I understand what the semantic importance of background would
be, given the use case of changing colour contrast? In the conventional
sense that would be a visual change, not a semantic one I think?

Léonie.

--

Léonie Watson - Senior accessibility engineer

@LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup PacielloGroup.com