Re: SVG issue and action tracking thus far

It is not possible to make the PF tracker public. Tracker does not
support doing it on a per-product basis, so we can't do it just for the
SVG Accessibility product. And there are Member-confidential issues and
actions in the PF tracker related to its spec review role, so we can't
make the tracker instance as a whole public.

Other options I can suggest:

  * Use the SVG tracker instead of the PF tracker. Note that while I
    believe that tracker is publicly readable, issues actions can only
    be assigned to people in the SVG WG. Anybody in the task force who
    wants to receive actions would have to join the SVG WG.
  * Create a tracker instance for the SVG A11Y TF. This involves
    creating infrastructure for the TF that several people objected to
    during the creation phase. But it does make some things easier like
    setting up a dedicated tracker. For people to be able to receive
    actions in that tracker, they would have to join the task force
    infrastructure, which is different from just subscribing to the
    mailing list. They would have to be a member of either PF or SVG WG
    to be able to do that. I recommend this approach but it received a
    lot of opposition during the creation of the TF.
  * Use a different tool such as W3C Bugzilla. Anybody can create an
    account, and anybody with an account can file bugs or be assigned
    bugs. The PFWG resolved a year ago to migrate to Bugzilla, so this
    would in theory be the way to go. However, the lack of IRC
    integration seems to have been a major reason that migration has not
    happened, because you can't simply file bugs during a meeting with a
    simple IRC command like you can with Tracker. That might be a reason
    for the TF not to take this route.

If you take the first option, we can arrange to have the SVG issues and
actions currently in the PF tracker to be moved to the SVG tracker. Same
for the second option, though there will be some set-up steps for
members of the TF. The Bugzilla option is easiest to set up, both the
SVG and ARIA products have appropriate components, but the lack of IRC
integration might be a non-starter.

Let me know which option you want to pursue.

About doing the same for ARIA - the issues there are slightly different
because of the stage of rechartering the PF is in. Let's take that up
separately in the ARIA / PF forum. We do want to make the ARIA issues
and actions public, it's just how we do so we need to sort out
separately from this thread on SVG.

Michael