Re: TTS proposal to split Utterance into its own interface

Nagesh,
I agree that cancelAll() is useful and can make code simpler because it
doesn't affect the paused state.  In fact, I propose that we add
cancelAll() and remove stop() -- because the stop function is probably less
common and can easily be accomplished with two calls: cancelAll() and
pause().

Also, since canceling a specific utterance is not very useful, and questionable
as Jerry states, I propose eliminating cancel(utterance). If we do that,
then we could rename cancelAll() more simply as cancel().

Thus, I propose this IDL:

    interface SpeechSynthesis {
      static readonly attribute boolean pending;
      static readonly attribute boolean speaking;
      static readonly attribute boolean paused;

      static void speak(SpeechSynthesisUtterance utterance);
      static void cancel();
      static void pause();
      static void continue();
    }

and I propose this new definition of cancel:

The cancel method
This method removes all utterances from the queue. If an utterance is being
spoken, speaking ceases immediately. This method does not change the paused
state of the SpeechSynthesis object.

 /Glen Shires