RE: Concatenating transcript results

I prefer Satish's suggestion.  If the web author needs to concatenate, sandwiching in some whitespace seems like a trivial adjustment.

From: Satish S [mailto:satish@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:28 PM
To: Glen Shires
Cc: public-speech-api@w3.org
Subject: Re: Concatenating transcript results

We could also say the transcript should not include leading or trailing spaces, so the web app should always use a whitespace if it needs to concatenate.  This would work better for apps that check the transcript with known words (e.g. command and control) instead of having to append/prepend whitespaces to their string literals. Also depending on the language of the recognized text whitespace may not be appropriate (e.g. CJK don't use white spaces).

Cheers
Satish