RE: TTS append / queueing

From: Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:32:10 -0700
To: "Hans Wennborg" <hwennborg@google.com>, "Dominic Mazzoni" <dmazzoni@google.com>
Cc: <public-speech-api@w3.org>
I could imagine a situation in which a page invoked multiple distinct TTS engines (expertise in different languages being one common use case), so I wouldn't want the TTS object to be unique, but I think it would make sense to have a single TTS object for each engine and then have a method like  'addUtterance' with the kind of behavior that Dominic mentioned (queue vs abort, plus the possibility for different voices/parameters for each utterance.)

- Jim