Fwd: Converting VALUES to SPARQL algebra

good morning;

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Joachim Van Herwegen <Joachim.VanHerwegen@ugent.be>
> Subject: Converting VALUES to SPARQL algebra
> Date: 2015-03-02 10:22:55 GMT+1
> To: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
>
> I was wondering how one converts a query contain VALUES such as in http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#inline-data to SPARQL algebra?
> The spec just mentions 'The result is a multiset of solution mappings 'data'.'.
> The validator at http://www.sparql.org/query-validator.html outputs this as: (table (vars ?book) (row [?book :book1]) (row [?book :book3]) ) but nowhere does the spec define table or row (as far as I can see).
> Are the table/row elements just a custom implementation or is there a different spec somewhere that defines these?

i would agree with the remark elsewhere, that the closest is the translation description at 18.2.4.3 (http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#sparqlAlgebraFinalValues), which refers to your cited text and (indirectly) to the definition of ToMultiset (http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#sparqlAlgebra).

the “table” notation, so far as i understand, appeared with ARQ’s algebra notation (http://www.w3.org/2011/09/SparqlAlgebra/ARQalgebra) - or, in any case, that is where i recall first having seen it.

best regards, from berlin
---
james anderson | james@dydra.com | http://dydra.com