Re: SPARQL Wishlist

+1 for STREAM support could be something in the context of big data, IOT or
LDF, probably
+1 for introducing turtle syntax in WHERE: I often start from existing
turtle examples when explaining how to construct the WHERE part of SPARQL
to beginners, it could be useful to move over the idea of a "matching
language", in a sense
+1 for registering UDF, which is something that actually lacks from the
general specification. It could be great to have things such as the
vendor-specific implementations registered under available custom
namespaces and being able to use them with a general purpose name. In that
perspective I like the "decoupled" approach by blazegraph introducing a
SERVICE for fulltext:
https://wiki.blazegraph.com/wiki/index.php/FullTextSearch
The standardization of full-text could be tricky, because even if we accept
lucene basic syntax as the default, it may introduce the need of adding a
way to properly handle text-analysis chains, mappings, and so on... so in
order to avoid rewrite Solr or Elasticsearch :-) the best approach would be
probably enable the call to external services. For example we could have a
standardization of the language used to send parameters to external
services, something similar to what hydra did, maybe?

the vectorization part is rather interesting from my point of view too, but
I'm not sure this is the right context?