Re: one community server or one methodology to test servers

The test suite work is ongoing and there are 2 test suites available. They
are entirely independent of server implementations and are both regularly
used to test multiple implementations. For more information see the
following links:

   - Solid QA: https://solidproject.org/ED/qa
   - JS/Jest based test suite: https://github.com/solid-contrib/test-suite
   - Karate based test suite:
      - Specification tests:
      https://github.com/solid-contrib/specification-tests/
      - Conformance test harness:
      https://github.com/solid-contrib/conformance-test-harness
      - Setup instructions for using the docker image:
      https://github.com/solid-contrib/conformance-test-harness/blob/main/USAGE.md
   - Specification test coverage (for Karate based test suite):
   https://solid-contrib.github.io/specification-tests/

Pete

On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 at 08:28, Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat@logilab.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le Sun, Oct 01, 2023 at 11:34:52AM -0700, Jeff Zucker (he/him) a écrit :
> > On Sun, Oct 1, 2023 at 11:26 AM Nicolas Chauvat <
> nicolas.chauvat@logilab.fr>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > If I wanted to develop a Solid Server, is there a test suite I could
> > > run to prove that it works as described by the specification ?
> >
> > https://github.com/solid-contrib/test-suite
>
> Thank you for the link.
>
> I had found that one already, but from what I read in my notes written
> in january, parts of that test suite would not run. I know this is
> something I am expected to report and contribute to, but time is
> always short and I did not manage do it. Just saying "it looks like it
> does not work is there something I missed" will not help much, and I
> would have to be precise in the reports and could not find the time
> to write things down.
>
> What about the fact that there has been very little activity in that
> repository since the beginning of 2022 ? Is it because it lacks
> maintenance or because it is considered complete and stable ?
>
> --
> Nicolas Chauvat
>
> logilab.fr - services en informatique scientifique et gestion de
> connaissances

addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged, confidential
and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the
intended recipient), please do not disseminate, distribute, print or copy
this e-mail, or any attachment thereto. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please respond to the individual sending the message, and
permanently delete the email.