Re: Solid: An Explainer

ne 26. 11. 2023 v 17:29 odesílatel Harshvardhan J. Pandit <me@harshp.com>
napsal:

> Hi.
> This is okay as an explainer (non-normative) text. I don't want to spend
> time being nitpicky here - I see the key phrase being "determine ... how
> it is used and shared", the rest I leave to the editors.
>
> However, I do not believe Solid currently has this (technical)
> capability for determination beyond access control. So it is important
> for the community to agree to this text/phrasing and the vision that the
> text represents, and only then disseminate this to the wider world for
> what Solid is supposed to be (as opposed to what it is).

For context, the audience is the W3C TAG based on their review of solid:

https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/377#issuecomment-1790209071

"We encourage everything that comes for TAG review to include an explainer.
Your explainer is a living document that describes the current state of
your proposed web platform feature, or collection of features. In the early
phases of design, this may be as simple as a collection of goals and a
sketch of one possible solution. As your work progresses, the explainer can
help facilitate multi-stakeholder discussion and consensus-building. The
TAG would really value an explainer for each of the various pieces proposed
here, with user stories and details about the relationship to existing work
and considered alternatives."

I agree it's valuable to come to a community consensus on the vision before
moving to a Working Group.  Issue is that there might not be one *single*
vision.