Re: [news] EU funds SiMPL open source components including Solid

st 8. 11. 2023 v 12:21 odesílatel Michiel de Jong <michiel@pondersource.com>
napsal:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to share the great news here with you too
> https://www.soprasteria.be/docs/librariesprovider2/sopra-steria-benelux-documents/infratex-consortium---simpl_v91f1e33b1-9bdd-4736-be2e-c242e75f5a87.pdf?sfvrsn=3ca97fdb_1
>
> Basically, with their SiMPL program, the EU is spending 150 million euros
> on open source software development for data spaces over the coming years.
> Just to emphasize that this is a lot of money, if you translate that to the
> average engineer salary in Europe, that's about *3* *millennia worth *of
> EU-funded working days. :)

To what extent will open source contributors to such projects (e.g. Solid)
be liable for security issues resulting from this funding, under the Cyber
Resilience Act?

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2023/05/eus-proposed-cyber-resilience-act-raises-concerns-open-source-and-cybersecurity