Re: files or database for solid pods [Was: Towards Solid Lite]

st 1. 11. 2023 v 17:21 odesílatel Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com> napsal:

> Melvin,
>
> This is not about Turtle. It is about RDF. Turtle is simply ONE
> representation of RDF. I happen to like Turtle from a data design
> standpoint, but I am not suggesting it be mandated here.
>
> Also, the HTML web is not the Linked Data web. If you assume that you can
> create a very simplified graph by following <A href> links in web
> documents, then you could make the argument that the HTML web is in fact a
> subgraph of the Linked Data space.

Yes, I agree.  I was just putting some numbers on things, in order to
inform choices.  Tim's essay on the giant global graph may be relevant to
your second point, and IMHO predicts an evolution:

1. Documents: It isn't the computers, but the documents which are
interesting
2. Data: It is about letting it be connected to data
3. Social: I express my network in a FOAF file, and that is a start of the
revolution

https://web.archive.org/web/20160713021037/http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/215