Re: solid.community and solidcommunity.org

Repeating my similar answer from another thread:

I guess it is important to point out that the domain solidcommunity.net has
absolutely no relation to my domain solid.community, as the name might
imply.  The owners of solid.community did not give permission, endorsement,
or consent.  It seems that they took our data, our passwords, our email
addresses, and I suppose our brand, and locked us out, that's about all I
can say

The point here is that users signed up for solid.community, and they did
not sign up for solidcommunity.net.  So importantly there was no consent to
move data, or change data.  Not as a group or on an individual basis

That's not to say it's bad.  Or that some good can come out of it, such as
users gaining access to their data.

Possibly a good solution would be to have users opt in to moving their
webid, I dont know.

I suspect a good solution can be found here.  But as custodian of that
data, here I must emphasise that it's important to us that user data should
not be transferred between one space and another without, that importatn
word, consent