Re: W3C Solid Community Call

From: Ruben Verborgh (UGent-imec) <Ruben.Verborgh@UGent.be>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:33:39 +0000
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
CC: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Mitzi László <mitzil@inrupt.com>, public-solid <public-solid@w3.org>
> I totally agree about the start-up cost of W3C groups, and I would
> strongly caution against starting one.

+1, not the right timing yet

> Given the number of repos in github.com/solid, I do think it could be
> helpful to separate the specs from the implementations. Right now,
> they're sort of awash in a sea of repositories (75) and we want to
> make it as easy as possible for folks to find the repos to submit
> issues and PRs.

We can achieve that by having one spec repo
(which I think is the case: https://github.com/solid/solid-spec/).

We probably want to reformulate the spec to use more precise language
(cfr. discussion in https://github.com/solid/solid-spec/pull/148#issuecomment-477514668)

Ruben