Re: practical organization next Solid Community phone conf

Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2019-03-06 11:37:45)
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 11:30, Ruben Verborgh (UGent-imec) <
> Ruben.Verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Let’s keep it simple and use https://zoom.us/j/4707991524.
> > Last-minute changes are not good for anyone.
> > The call is only an hour, and we cannot afford to lose 5+ minutes on setup.

Agreed - makes great sense!

Enjoy the meeting without me!

> Im curious about zoom is it a pay service, ie do you need a land line, it
> wasnt clear from the link.

There is a option to dial in from a conventional phone line, with local
numbers in many countries, so cheap but not free.

The main access with video support requires a special client installed.

> I like the mumble suggestions too.

Mumble is audio only and requires a client installed - and a possible
downside compared to Zoom is that the client might be less intuitive and
lesser tested in non-Linux environments (as Mitzis crash yesterday may
was an indication of).

To repeat: I agree it makes best sense to use Zoom for _this_ meeting:

  * Computer connection: https://zoom.us/j/4707991524
  * Conventional phone call: https://zoom.us/u/adYcDRoO65
  * Meeting ID: Meeting ID: 470 799 1524

 - Jonas