Re: Solid App Authorization

On 7/31/19 5:31 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> There is an alternative that would be very close to
> WebID-TLS and that would work very well with
> HTTP2.0 and that is using HTTP-Signatures and JS-Crypto.
> See my implementation from a few years back
>
> Server side:
> https://github.com/read-write-web/akka-http-signature
> It has all the links to the docs
>
> and I think the use of JS-Crypt on the client is here
> https://github.com/read-write-web/solid-client
> But I need to update it.
>
> This has all the efficiency advantages of WebID-TLS
> but does not have the UI built in that could have been
> hoped for with client certificates (though key gen still
> works in Netscape I hear)
>
> Henry Story

Hi Henry,

What's wrong with WebID-OIDC + WebID-TLS bridge that currently exists?

The problem I see with all of this is the lack of simply usage examples.

Here something we've been playing with en route to making a simple guide
for building Single Page Applications that leverage the
solid-auth-client library:

http://kingsley.idehen.net/public_home/kidehen/Public/Linked%20Data%20Documents/Playground/basic-html5-cors-sparul-form-sergey2.html

Naturally, the document "view source" and copy and paste friendly i.e.,
you can see all sources via your browsers inspector and just copy to
your own data space etc.. All of this using what exists today :)

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO