Re: Activity Streams 2.0 for review

Evan, one procedural detail we haven't talked much about is Normative References.   When we go to CR, the acting director will check to make sure all our normative references are to suitably stable and open standards.   The concern, in short, is that W3C doesn't want implementations of its Recommendations to have to change because one day some other group feels like changing one of their spec.     Glancing at core, I'm thinking the references to AS1 and CURIE might potentially be a problem.   (CURIE is from W3C, but it's only a NOTE which means it can be changed without wide review.) I'm wondering if those references really need to be normative: if those specs changed would AS2 implementations need to change?

I'll try to look more closely soon.

    - Sandro