Re: [minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-08-04 with Social Web WG

On 05/08/2016 13:31, ishida@w3.org wrote:
> jasnell: Whatever we do with the metadata, however we indicate
>    this base direction, there is definitely a tradeoff cost

>    ... But we need to take that time to balance the approach
>    against existing complexity of name vs nameMap
>    ... We should take our time, put together a proposal
>
>    r12a: I'll try to provide some tests you can use
>
>    jasnell: appreciate that

Maybe this will be of some help.  I mentioned it on the call, but i have
significantly expanded it since.  It contains strings you can use to
test various things. (When copying a string ensure that you pick up the
whole thing (eg. triple click), since there may be invisible controls at
the start or end of the line that need to be picked up too.)

https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Bidi_in_social_media

cheers,
ri