Re: internationalization issues

On 24 October 2015 at 14:31, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:

> The context serves the purpose of making extensions unambiguous. But,
> there's a reason that use of the application/activity+json media type
> allows the @context to be implied when it's not present... You're
> absolutely correct that many developers will simply ignore it and will be
> perfectly fine doing so.

Is there actually any evidence that developers will be in willful violation
of the @context field in this way?  Most developers, even the most basic
web developers operate using cut and paste (there is ample evidence for
this).  So why are we creating a spec based on the assumption that people
will ignore certain parts, and guessing which parts they will ignore, then
adjusting the spec because of this.  This design assumption sounds like the
road to hell.