Re: On requesting changes (was Re: internationalization issues)

On 23 October 2015 at 19:19, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, no need needs to wait on getting IE status
> approved to provide feedback. That's what github issues are for...
> that's why we're doing this development in the open in the first
> place. You do not need IE status or need to be a member of this WG to
> open issues on github. I would encourage ANYONE who is looking to
> implement who has specific concerns to raise those concerns now.
>
>   https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues

+1 Arnaud
+1 James

IMHO AS2.0 is the outstanding piece of work in this group to date.  I dont
think it's overly complex, and this is certainly not something I would call
obvious.  There is a difference between expressive and complex.  Most of
the fields in AS are optional, so systems can avoid complexity simply by
not using the fields that are not applicable

May I note that on top of the github issues, the group has a public mailing
list that anyone can post to:

public-socialweb-comments@w3.org

Please allow stake holders and implementor to make their case, rather than,
proxying either private or public opinions.  You run too high a risk of
quoting out of context, which is counter productive.  Simply provide
encourage people to engage the group, or provide pointers, as Sandro has
been doing.