Re: On requesting changes (was Re: internationalization issues)

On 10/23/2015 12:25 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to agree with James on the fact that comments a la "obviously
> too complex" aren't helpful at all. At this point in the development
> of the spec, requests for changes should be specific and come with 1)
> a rationale and 2) proposed alternate text in email or Pull Requests.
>
> As a staff contact, Harry, I'd expect you to be a role model in this
> regard.

However (as was written in the charter), on a larger note we need to
clarify the relationship to JSON-LD. Again, it's JSON-LD compatible but
we should not feel strictly bound by JSON-LD or RDF conventions if we
are worried that it will hurt adoption.

I believe a few implementers are going to ask for a large amount of
simplifying changes shortly. In particular, the implementers I've worked
with (Thoughtworks) have been waiting about a month to have their IE
status approved, so I'd prefer if they did the change requests directly
rather than have myself proxy.g

        cheers,
               harry