Re: Clarify objections to JSON [was Re: Getting the group back on track]

Hello Jason,

Would you be able to provide some specific insight into which pieces
of the vocabulary aren't useful for diaspora? I assume that the
vocabulary is what you're primarily speaking about in terms of
"trimming down".

- James

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Jason Robinson <mail@jasonrobinson.me> wrote:
[snip]

> AS2 is very ... large, but imho that is not all bad. It could be trimmed
> down, but then again it should have the necessary structures to compose
> messages with. The bad thing is the larger it is, the less implementers will
> be able to implement all of it. I can say for example for the needs of the
> current features in diaspora*, only a small subset can be used - the rest of
> it would just have to be ignored or parsed in to more basic structures (like
> I think Note would be the basic "status message", which could be a catch-all
> when something isn't supported).

[snip]