Re: Getting the group back on track

On 16 October 2015 at 13:24, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
wrote:

> On 10/16/2015 12:59 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > On 15 October 2015 at 18:58, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
> > wrote:

> big
> protocol,

> >> everything.

> have;

> are

> sign
> some
> >>
> >> We had months ago bit intense conversation around JSON-LD Signatures
> >> * http://manu.sporny.org/2013/sm-vs-jose/
> >> * https://youtu.be/QdUZaYeQblY
> >> * https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld-signatures
> >>
> >> I hope to give them a try in near future. Also combined with content
> >> addressable versioning of documents...
> >>

> > Thanks for the pointers.  I use this too.  I first became interested in
> > this back in 2001 when I was the lead developer for implementing digital
> > signatures at Deutsche Bank.  It emerged that there were problems with
> > standard document signing and signing of XML which was problematic in the
> > finance world.  Since that time I've been searching for a solution to
> this
> > problem and LD signatures solves pretty much all problems out there.  Do
> > note that it was designed for high value transactions, so may be overkill
> > for more casual aspects of the social web.
>
> Melvin, as I understand LD Signatures rely on RDF Dataset Normalization
> * http://json-ld.github.io/normalization/spec/

yes, json-ld signatures (jsigs) now has the latest 2015 graph normalization
and signature algorithm implemented. Brian Sletten just implemented the
same in the rdflib Ruby library too. Python and PHP implementations are
being updated

note these are updates as of the last week

> and while work with JSON-LD in very elegant way, they don't stay JSON or
> XML or RDFa or Turtle specific? One can use them in the same way with
> any of RDF serializations?
> * http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-new/#section-serializations

exactly, it can be used with any data, and any serialization ... most
recently I am finding turtle more attractive as it offers advantages, but
the same system works with XML or JSON LD too