Re: Getting the group back on track

On 10/16/2015 12:59 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 15 October 2015 at 18:58, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/14/2015 09:13 PM, Jason Robinson wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> A big +1 the the email of Christopher.
>>>
>>>    > Right now, off top of my head implementers would be:
>>>    >
>>>    > 1) IBM Connections
>>>    > 2) Pump.io
>>>    > 3) MediaGoblin
>>>    > 4) Objective8 (Thoughtworks)
>>>    >
>>>    > Anyone else?
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure if a clear and well thought JSON based language comes
>>> out, diaspora* is interested. However, AS2 is only the language part,
>>> personally waiting to see how the protocol parts start to take shape.
>>> Hoping to have more time to contribute to those stages which imho are
>>> more important for our use case at least. TBH, the way that objects and
>>> actions are presented for transfer is only a minor part in the whole big
>>> engine of two servers exchanging messages. For diaspora*, and the
>>> Friendica + Hubzilla that are connected with it using the same protocol,
>>> the server to server is key.
>>>
>>> Personally I hope the language semantics part could be quickly locked
>>> down and the work moved on to figure out the protocol stuff. There is
>>> not going to be a "works for all final" version delivered by any group
>>> ever - everything is always iterated on, and it is better to deliver
>>> something concise and small first, instead of trying to tackle
>> everything.
>>>
>>> Just a few comments regarding how diaspora* federates. Basically we have;
>>>
>>> * webfinger and .well-known/meta-info for discovery
>>> * XML language for actions and content
>>> * Salmon Magic Envelope for signing the XML content
>>>
>>> The project is in the works of pushing out the federation code to a
>>> separate repository, which means it would be easier to start using
>>> another protocol in some future. The key things that we need however are
>>> pretty much the three items above;
>>>
>>> * discovering
>>> * describing content
>>> * authoring
>>>
>>> Especially the last one is something that I'd be interested in hearing
>>> some thoughts about, what kind of idea has this group got on how to sign
>>> AS2 JSON content payloads? Outside diaspora*, I've got some personal
>>> plans on creating a Python library to abstract several protocols, as an
>>> experiment if nothing else. Currently it supports diaspora* for some
>>> limited stuff, receiving and sending posts, and I would like to add some
>>> AS2 based routes there too. Content signing is *the* most important
>>> thing to get right.
>>
>> We had months ago bit intense conversation around JSON-LD Signatures
>> * http://manu.sporny.org/2013/sm-vs-jose/
>> * https://youtu.be/QdUZaYeQblY
>> * https://github.com/digitalbazaar/jsonld-signatures
>>
>> I hope to give them a try in near future. Also combined with content
> [...]

Melvin, as I understand LD Signatures rely on RDF Dataset Normalization
* http://json-ld.github.io/normalization/spec/

and while work with JSON-LD in very elegant way, they don't stay JSON or
XML or RDFa or Turtle specific? One can use them in the same way with
any of RDF serializations?
* http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-new/#section-serializations