Re: Social Web WG agenda for 3 November 2015

On 3 November 2015 at 12:17, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
wrote:

> On 11/02/2015 09:18 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I finalized the agenda for tomorrow.
> >
> > We have many different proposals related to AS 2.0. To try and streamline
> > their disposition I regrouped a bunch that James supports. I propose to
> > approve them in bulk.
> >
> > If anyone has any concerns over any of the proposals in the bunch we will
> > take those out of the bunch and proceed with the remainder. When we are
> > done with that, we can discuss the rest one by one.
> >
> > I've used this approach before in other WGs and found that it helps
> > expedite the process of identifying and closing the non-controversial
> > issues.
> >
> > https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-11-03
>
> I may not make it on time today so I added my Regrets :(
>
> I propose moving two proposals from me for he next week, especially that
> we still have some activity on github on topic of separating concerns of
> Data Model and API.
>
> I will also read resolutions from the meeting and submit my feedback
> first thing tomorrow.
>
> Following many of you can consider off-topic, but I still would like to
> share it with those interested:
>
> Today people from network working with food waste coordinates short
> notice action to prevent 15 pallets of vegan food from a big distributor
> going to go waste. I will participate in that action and also thanks to
> that can secure my needs of food for next days.
>
> Before next F2F I should have deployed my latest code which also
> includes publishing of wishlists. This will allow me to find more stable
> support from society and allow me to focus better on the work I do. I
> need a way to publish request where I ask for food, accommodation,
> access to coworking spaces, health care, transportation etc. All the
> details about this work will go through Social Economy CG but I hope
> that it will still inter-operate with all the *social online chatter*
> technologies which we seem to focus on in this WG.
>
> I wish everyone great meeting today!

For those that missed the call the minutes are here:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-11-03-minutes

A number of issues were resolved including the contentious question of
whether or not activity streams should have it's own JSON mime type, as
opposed to reusing from JSON LD.

Arguments for and against were documented in the wiki:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Media_type_for_AS2

Personally it's not clear to me that activity+json offers enough that json
ld does not (what I could see was arrays of arrays and geoJSON), but I'll
defer to implementors on this issue.  It may be an idea to mark it a
feature "at risk", to save time later.