Re: dfn-ojbect

I don't want to get into a vocabulary rabbit hole, but is there some
better term we could use than "object"?
Seems like having Object vs object could easily get confusing.
Especially since its more of a grammar term and we aren't using many
others. (though we do use IntransitiveActivity)

To compare to grammar terms.
type = verb
target = indirect object
object = direct object
author = subject
correct?

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 November 2015 at 16:22, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> "object" in an activity is the direct object. For instance, in the
>> sentence, "John created the note", the "object" is the note.
>
> Very helpful, thanks!
>

>> On Nov 8, 2015 6:37 AM, "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I've been looking at the friend request example and seeing how we would
>>> do that in Solid:
>>>
>>> EXAMPLE 328
>>> {
>>>   "@context": [
>>>     "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
>>>     {"colleagueOf": "http://purl.org/vocab/relationship/colleagueOf"}
>>>   ],
>>>   "@id": "http://example.org/connection-requests/123",
>>>   "@type": "Offer",
>>>   "actor": "acct:sally@example.org",
>>>   "object": {
>>>     "@id": "http://example.org/connections/123",
>>>     "@type": "Relationship",
>>>     "subject": "acct:sally@example.org",
>>>     "relationship": "colleagueOf",
>>>     "object": "acct:john@example.org"
>>>   },
>>>   "target": "acct:john@example.org"
>>> }
>>>

>>> I found the naming of Object/object/target slightly confusing in this
>>> example.
>>>
>>> Object has a number of meanings:
>>>
>>> 1. The Object is the parent class of the activity
>>> 2. The object is the "object" of an activity ie what is being done
>>> 3. The object is the "object" of the relationship, ie the "target"