Re: dfn-ojbect

On 8 November 2015 at 15:37, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 8 November 2015 at 02:26, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Nope. Just an editing error. They're two different things
>>
> I've been looking at the friend request example and seeing how we would do
> that in Solid:
>
> EXAMPLE 328
> {
>   "@context": [
>     "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
>     {"colleagueOf": "http://purl.org/vocab/relationship/colleagueOf"}
>   ],
>   "@id": "http://example.org/connection-requests/123",
>   "@type": "Offer",
>   "actor": "acct:sally@example.org",
>   "object": {
>     "@id": "http://example.org/connections/123",
>     "@type": "Relationship",
>     "subject": "acct:sally@example.org",
>     "relationship": "colleagueOf",
>     "object": "acct:john@example.org"
>   },
>   "target": "acct:john@example.org"
> }
>

> I found the naming of Object/object/target slightly confusing in this
> example.
>
> Object has a number of meanings:
>
> 1. The Object is the parent class of the activity
> 2. The object is the "object" of an activity ie what is being done
> 3. The object is the "object" of the relationship, ie the "target"
> 4. Object is also an rdf : object as per subject/predicate/object as
> mentioned in reification
>
> I suppose at this point in time it's much too late to change.
>
> But just to try and understand the sense.
>
> Would the "object" in an activity roughly correspond to the term
> "activity" ie what is the activity of this message?

FWIW this was my first attempt of marking it up in turtle:

<#this> a AS : Offer ;
    AS : actor <http://example.org/alice#me> ;
    AS : target <http://example.org/bob#me> ;
    AS : object
            [ a AS : Relationship ;
              rdf : subject <http://example.org/alice#me> ;
              rdf : predicate <foaf:knows> ;
              rdf : object <http://example.org/bob#me> . ] .

Notably

http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#object

rdf:object a rdf:Property ;
 rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> ;
 rdfs:label "object" ;
 rdfs:comment "The object of the subject RDF statement." ;
 rdfs:domain rdf:Statement ;
 rdfs:range rdfs:Resource .