Re: a common understanding of profiles

On 2015-06-26 07:37 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Regarding the URI above.  It can become slightly problematic attaching
> key value pairs to an HTTP document, also doubling as a Person.
I'm pretty sure I didn't do that in the example I gave.

> So, how to get interoperable profiles?
Pick a data standard, and a way to find the profiles. Then, everybody
implements that.

It would be wrong to assume that the point of this working group is to
make Melvin's site implemented in FOAF with Turtle talk to Aaron's site
implemented in HTML with microformats.

We're here for the important goals of defining a social syntax, and
social API, and a federation protocol for the seven billion people on
the entire planet -- not to build ad hoc bridges for the few dozen
people participating in this group.

Ultimately, that means some people here are going to have to compromise,
hold their nose, and implement a data standard that they don't usually
use or like.

-Evan