Re: ldp + swat0

On 01/28/2015 06:03 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> SWAT0 is a terrible use-case for this discussion, since it's intended
> specifically for federation between sites.
>
> I'd really recommend sticking with the requirements that were devised
> with the client-to-server API in mind, so you don't confuse yourselves.

Can you give me another scenario, that hopefully touches on all the key
bits, so if I could implement it, I'd have to have pretty much the full API?

Link?   http://www.w3.org/Submission/osapi/ ?

> I did a nice diagram showing an API with OpenSocial Activity Streams
> as the base:
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/API/Layers
>
> It might be helpful to aid in your thinking.

Cool, but I need something more concrete, like a scenario or test case,
to get a solid grip on this kind of material.

If we downplay the bit about the actors in SWAT0 being on different
systems, it seems to provide at least a very basic scenario.

Perhaps something like my usual Facebook usage these days:

1.  Alice posts a link to a news story, with some commentary on it
2.  Bob is a close follower of Alice, so he's notified of the story
3.  Bob signals positive feedback on the story, which makes him more
likely to see such stories in the future
4.  Carol is notified of the story
5.  Carol posts a comment, in which she mentions Dave
6.  Dave is notified because of that mention, and reads the story
7.  Dave chooses to re-share the original story.

etc....

> If you'd like to start sketching out a social API following these
> principles, let's connect on IRC.

Thanks, just irc.w3.org#social ?

          -- Sandro