   *From: *Bassetti, Ann
*Sent: *Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:10 AM
*To: *w3c-ac-forum@w3.org; w3c-office-pr@w3.org
*Cc: *team-busdev@w3.org
*Subject: *social APIs -- any additions from your part of the world? HELP!

 Hello AC Reps and W3C Offices –

The Social Web Working Group needs your help!  Especially from those of you
who are familiar with social tools beyond the common ones in USA and
Europe.  For instance, if you use social tools in China, Japan, Korea,
Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Middle East, African countries, Antarctica
;-)  ...   please help us.

The goal of the Social Web WG, per the charter, is "... to define the
technical protocols, vocabularies, and APIs to facilitate access to social
functionality as part of the Open Web Platform. These technologies should
allow communication between independent systems, federation ... being part
of the design."

We have documented API patterns of many of the prominent social network
tools used in the USA and Europe (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare,
Flickr, ...):  https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API_patterns

But what about other prominent social networking systems (e.g., Yandex,
VKontakte, Sina Weibo, Tencent QQ, WeChat,  Renren, Cyworld, and any others
you know about)?  Are there API patterns we have missed?  We cannot read
those languages, and do not have anyone on our team that can.  We NEED your
help!  Or from someone you might designate.

Please feel free to forward this request to anyone you think might be
qualified and interested to help. One can respond to the Working Group (
public-socialweb@w3.org ), to the chairs of the WG (*Tantek Çelik
<Tantek%20(tantek@cs.stanford.edu)>*, Evan Prodromou
<Evan%20Prodromou%20(evan@e14n.com)>, Arnaud Le Hors
<Arnaud%20Le%20Hors%20%3clehors@us.ibm.com%3e>), or to me