Re: do types influence behavior?

My guess is that this is what used to be grouped under "Developer Stories".
It is something along the lines:

1. Conchita develops an Android client
2. During development she notices that people sometimes miss out data, so to give a better user experience she builds very light weight RDFS inferencing into her client to fill in the missing data

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 18:10, Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
> hello bill.
>
> thanks for your response!
>
> On 2015-02-11 8:36 , Bill Looby wrote:
>> I believe Activity Streams 1.0 at one stage allowed multiple verbs which
>> addressed the issue below fairly simply but provided other complications
>> (and so was removed). With json-ld types, the association is not held in
>> the data itself so it's more complex to process. Definitely think this
>> is an important story.
>
> thanks and yes, to me that would be an interesting aspect of how my API behaves. this is not making any claims as to how i can filter through the API (which may be out of scope for the spec/API), but in terms of behavior, this is a question that matters a lot for our scenarios.
>
> in AS2, there are different possibilities how this can play out:
>
> - we define the class relationship in the core vocabulary is meaningful for behavior and AS2 implementations must implement it that way, so whatever is a "like" has to treated in the same way as a "respond".
>
> - we define that class relationship in the core vocabulary is not meaningful for behavior and AS2 implementations must implement it that way, so whatever is a "like" is not a "respond". if a producer wants their "like" to be treated as a "repond", they have to label them both ways (i.e., give them two types).
>
> - it gets trickier for the "likealot" because we cannot assume that this verb is hardcoded into implementations. if we want it to be treated as a "like"/"respond", then we need to explain how that is supposed to happen in an ecosystem of AS implementations that we do not want to require to support JSON-LD and RDFS.
>
> cheers,
>
> dret.
>
> --
> erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
>           | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |
>           | http://dret.net/netdret http://twitter.com/dret |

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/