Re: a user liking a post

On 23 August 2015 at 18:09, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
wrote:

> On 08/23/2015 02:23 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > I've noticed that the concept of a user liking a post is deployed in a
> > number of systems.
> >
> > But it seems there are a number of ways of doing it.
> >
> > I just wanted to see if there are pros and cons of different approaches.
> >
> > Right now I do something like:
> >
> >   <#me> <http://ontologi.es/like#likes> <content>
> I would encourage you to use JSON-LD since participants of this group
> could, but do NOT need to read Turtle!!!
>
> {
>   "@context": [
>     "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
>     { "like": "http://ontologi.es/like#" }
>   ]
>   "@id": "#me",
>   "likes": "https://blog.example/some-posting"
> }
>

> > It seems simple, lightweight and meets my needs.
> >
> > Are people in general going to use AS2 for this, is there a good vocab to
> > switch to?
> >
> > Thoughts appreciated ...
>
> Exactly for that reason I suggested over mailing list to model verbs as
> instances of rdf:Predicate *instead* as in current draft instances of
> owl:Class
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2015Jul/0060.html

Thanks for the pointer.  This argument makes sense to me.

> If we need to qualify such relation we can use Qualified or N-ary
> Relation patter as used in as:Relationship
>
> *
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-activitystreams-vocabulary-20150722/#dfn-relationship
> * https://github.com/w3c-social/social-vocab/tree/master/activity/Follow
> * http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/
>
> It can also work in both directions
>

> {
>   "@context": [
>     "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
>     { "verb": "https://w3id.org/verb#" }
>   ],
>   "@id": "https://bob.example",
>   "@type": "Person",
>   "verb:likes": [
>     "https://foo.example/beep",
>     "https://bar.example.boop"
>   ]
> }
>
> {
>   "@context": [
>     "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
>     { "verb": "https://w3id.org/verb#" }
>   ],
>   "@id": "https://foo.example/beep",
>   "@type": "Post",
>   "@reverse": {
>     "verb:likes": [
>       "https://bob.example",
>       "https://alice.example"
>     ]
>   }
> }

Would I be right to say these are proposals, rather than, in use?  For
example : ( https://w3id.org/verb# ) is a 404.

If there's no currently reusable equivalent of http://ontologi.es/like#likes
in AS2 or another vocab, I think I'll stick to that until an alternative
presents itself.

The former is already in use by openlink, so I think it makes sense to
reuse that, at this point in time.

Later on I can think about embedding a Like notification in an activity
stream, but I just wanted to solve this part first.