Re: a user liking a post

On 08/23/2015 02:23 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> I've noticed that the concept of a user liking a post is deployed in a
> number of systems.
>
> But it seems there are a number of ways of doing it.
>
> I just wanted to see if there are pros and cons of different approaches.
>
> Right now I do something like:
>
>   <#me> <http://ontologi.es/like#likes> <content>
I would encourage you to use JSON-LD since participants of this group
could, but do NOT need to read Turtle!!!

{
  "@context": [
    "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
    { "like": "http://ontologi.es/like#" }
  ]
  "@id": "#me",
  "likes": "https://blog.example/some-posting"
}

> It seems simple, lightweight and meets my needs.
>
> Are people in general going to use AS2 for this, is there a good vocab to
> switch to?
>
> Thoughts appreciated ...

Exactly for that reason I suggested over mailing list to model verbs as
instances of rdf:Predicate *instead* as in current draft instances of
owl:Class

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2015Jul/0060.html

If we need to qualify such relation we can use Qualified or N-ary
Relation patter as used in as:Relationship

*
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-activitystreams-vocabulary-20150722/#dfn-relationship
* https://github.com/w3c-social/social-vocab/tree/master/activity/Follow
* http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/