Re: Proposal: de-namespace vcard in the normative AS2 JSON-LD context

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 13:11:55 +0200
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
CC: "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
On 04/22/2015 05:41 PM, James M Snell wrote:
> See: https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/102
>
> ----
>
> Currently, the normative JSON-LD context for Activity Streams 2.0
> includes a namespaced reference to vcard, allowing things like:
>
> {
>   "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams#",
>   "@type":  ["Person", "vcard:Individual"],
>   "vcard:fn": "Jane Jones"
> }
>
> While this is helpful, the use of the namespace prefix is irritating.
> Given that there are currently no naming conflicts between AS2 and
> VCard terms, I would like to propose that we de-namespace the VCard
> terms within the AS2 normative context. That would mean allowing and
> implementer to do:
>
> {
>   "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams#",
>   "@type":  ["Person", "Individual"],
>   "fn": "Jane Jones"
> }

I just created two issue caused by this merge
* https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/105
* https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/106

Once again, I propose not rushing with such changes before resolving
ISSUE-36: Role and evolution of recommended JSON-LD contexts
https://www.w3.org/Social/track/issues/36

In one of the issues above I also suggested coordinating Vocabulary
related work via Social IG Vocabulary TF